Living in the imperfection.

Saturday, January 18, 2020

It's Been 2 Weeks

My oldest son Maddox is not showmanship. If anything, he prefers being in the background. Today, he made 3 baskets IN A ROW at his basketball game. This is no small feat. He doesn't play hard. He doesn't put himself out there. But, as of late, he's found his "basketball voice." He's learned the difference between assertiveness and aggressiveness (something I wish I had learned at his age).

And as he made his baskets, I wished my dad was there to see his triumph. Not because of the score, but because Maddox looked so joyous. These are the moments I want/wanted him to see. I can't speak to the very nature of Heaven, but I hope he took time away from fishing up there to see his grandson step into his own.

Grief, two weeks out anyway, hits at random times. I didn't expect it today. Yet, it came.

I'm currently learning lines for a show at Theatre Huntsville called "Silent Sky." Think Hidden Figures but in the 1900s when women definitely had no voice. My dad loved the sky. He loved nature. This is just one of the many things he imparted upon me. He also thought I was the best actresses around. Honestly, what parent doesn't think their child is the best at whatever they do, even if that's far from the truth.

As I've studied the character I will play and watched videos on the show itself, I cannot help but think that God knew I would need this show at this precise moment. Isn't His timing perfect? I get to be a part of a show that portrays scientific revelation as it relates to the skies,  something my dad was so inspired by. Not only that, performing is innate to who I am. It's just one of the ways I was created to exist. It's like God knew I would need something to soothe my soul during this time, and long before my earthly father passed, he gave me this gift. Blessed be.

Friends, not much in life is a coincidence. You were created with a purpose. You may not understand why now is happening, but I pray that you will eventually Know that on this road called life, you are not alone. You matter. Your desires and dreams matter.

It is well. Blessed be.

2 comments: