Living in the imperfection.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Kid Rules



The loin fruit loves the water.  That's an exceptional thing since we live in Florida and are encased by water on both sides and in multiple backyards.  


I never expected that the smile and utter fascination to captivate me the way that it does.
I am lost in it.  On a boat ride with Big Granny, he positions himself at the bow and watches over us all.



Seriously, look at that booty.  How can you not smile?

My baby changed my world and if you have one you know what I mean.  Your baby may be your dog, cat, or human.  No matter.  Seeing life through the eyes of another changes you.  It changed me.
The loin fruit has made me a better person.  He has shown me that every moment is worth celebrating.  Every moment is worth experiencing to the fullest.  Should your time require tears.  Cry away!!
Should your moment require dancing, by all means dance like a fool.  Bounce like no one is watching.  Drop it like it's hot over and over again.

I long to live the life of a child (not that I want to take a dump in my underwear.  I appreciate the toilet and modern plumbing).  I do, however, long to live a life of newness.  A life that is fully conscious.  A life that celebrates newness.  A life that honors the honesty of the moment.

The loin fruit has taught me this.

He is young.  He is but a babe.  He has changed my outlook.

To live everyday with awe and appreciation.  Maddox has inspired me to do just that. 


2 comments:

  1. It is an awesome thing to be a mom. You are a great one and Maddox is so lucky to have you and his daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you put sunscreen on the loin fruit's cheeks.

    ReplyDelete