Living in the imperfection.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Moment #1

Yes...he is sitting in a puddle of water in his diaper

I had a moment yesterday.  Not the one you see above.  This particular moment lasted a mere 20 seconds or so.  I was not timing it so I cannot be sure but I know it was less than a full minute.  

The moment I am referring to happened in a rocking chair.  I was sitting in it reading to Maddox who was, naturally, running from place to place picking up this and that doing all the things a precocious 17 month old does.  

But then time stopped.

He came to me and wrestled himself up beside me in the rocking chair.  He looked at the book I was holding.  He looked at me.  Then he quietly rested.  

And then the moment was over.

But that moment of quiet and rest with my son gave me perspective.  I adore him.  I love his tenacity and curiosity.  I love the constant motion of who he is but sometimes I need a little snuggle.  That isn't who he is though.  However, yesterday, he gave me that.  He gave me a few seconds of stillness and I am keeping that tucked away inside my heart and brain.

So here's to finding moments in the everyday monotony.  

2 comments:

  1. You are the PERFECT mother for Maddox. Isn't God wonderful to know this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the perfect mom for him, you let him be himself. I love you so much, just wish we were closer so I could love on him every day, and you to!

    ReplyDelete