Living in the imperfection.

Friday, December 5, 2014

We Are Moms Hear Us Roar

Wow, it's been a while. I have been really busy with writing corporate blogs and magazine articles so I am using that as my excuse. I suppose I could update this blog every now and then but, honestly, all of my efforts are geared towards promoting corporate clients. It isn't that I don't have a lot on my mind. It isn't that my life isn't full to the brink of overflowing. I just don't have time. I've started writing in a journal. Not everyday lest you think I am on top of things. But there is something comforting about the written, not typed, word. Writing things down with a pen on paper is superbly cathartic. 

I know I just posted a blog. But you should know that picture was taken months ago and I just now clicked post.

I have finished all of my work duties for the week so I decided to take an adventure over here and write something that doesn't require accuracy or forethought. You see, this blog is my refuge. I highly doubt many folks actually read this and that is okay by me. I swear.
Maddox...sigh

Patton...Baby Blue Jay

When did I become a mom? When did I become responsible for two of the most delightful people on the earth? When did my heart become so full? I often ponder this thought throughout the day. It is almost inconceivable to me that I am now responsible for the lives of two little ones. Sometimes it hurts so much that I don't know what to do. 

Children are gifts. They are miracles from above. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

If you stay at home. If you work outside the home. No matter. You are mom and that matters. I hate the "mommy wars." Seriously, shut it down. Stop. Quit judging. The majority of us are simply trying to do the best we can and divisiveness does nothing but set up a tug-of-war that no one will win.

So stop.

Quit judging.

We all love our children do we not? And isn't that the most important thing?

We are women. We have desires apart from our kids. That doesn't change after childbirth. I know I do and I have fought so hard to suppress them that I ended up wandering in a desert of my own design. Call me crazy but I think our kids need to be witness to our passions whatever they may be. As a mother of boys, I want them to know that strong intelligent women aren't rare. They are real. They are just around the corner. They are desirable. These women can be found in a variety of contexts from academia to retail. 

Maddox, Patton, and my love Michael are my life. I write. I dream. I run. I ponder. I even love a great lip stain and Lancome mascara. All these things and make up the facets of my life. I am mom hear me roar. So let's put the pettiness aside for just a moment and marvel in the creation of our children. Let's acknowledge that, in parenting, varying roads can lead to the same end.

Put your swords down ladies.

Relish in your roles.

Love your children.

Love yourselves.

If you don't, who will?

3 comments:

  1. I think some similar things about being a mom. Wishing I could be like those stay-at-home moms who have the luxury - and added responsibility of spending all day with their children. I know it's a double edged sword at times - wishing your child will have an ample nap so that you can get ______ (insert a myriad of many tasks) done. I relish my weekends and the days our nanny is at our house (2) so that I can just maybe telework on those days so that I can just see his face a little longer.... growing up so fast! Maybe it's because I'm a first - timer or maybe it's just because I am so in love with him that I feel I'm watching him literally grow in front of my face but I love to see him growing and changing and being challenged and I love his young small stature and watching him still being a baby. What a conflict!... luckily I don't have to choose the rate at which he grows! Luckily nature will take care of that responsibility for me and I don't have the burden! I was just speaking to my love Ben about the mommy wars. I think we are lucky in that we only have one or two folks in our lives that I have to worry about that with but I am currently choosing to limit my time with those people. It helps to diminish - but it doesn't get rid of it. Please, in the name of all things innocent and absolutely wonderful, lets make a concerted effort to STOP. If Meghan Trainor can say it about photoshop and body image, we can say it about mommahood. "C'mon now make it stop!" Love your post Lauren!... gives me a vehicle of seeing you in this new age without physically being able to see you! I send love and thanks for your thoughtful pieces willingly donated to my virtual sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health or dietary supplements refer to a diverse group of products commonly consumed for the purpose of supplementing the diet and enhancing health. These products typically contain ingredients from natural sources and are not meant to prevent, treat, cure or alleviate the symptoms of medical diseases or conditions. Mens health

    ReplyDelete