Living in the imperfection.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

When It's Time

Wow. It's been a full year since I visited this place of refuge. What took me so long? Whelp, I have had tons of writing work that has required my attention. Most of it has been from a managerial front so time for my own writing has been few and far between. I did chronicle my adventures in training for a trail 30k last year so that took some of the edge off.

However, I've been thinking about some video I saw on the Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I would attach it here but I have no clue where it came from and don't feel like searching for it. The main point was this:

What would you do if you were not afraid of failing?

So that hits home. However, today especially, I have not been able to escape this. What would I do? What would I do if there was no fear? The answer is always the same: write my book.

I don't think I can hold off anymore because I cannot get away from this singular thought. I have several books I have started and NONE I have completed. I have spent the last two years as a corporate blogger and website content writer and had several magazine articles sprinkled in. The opportunities I have had to write have been tremendous and I am grateful. But, now, I think it is time to bury the fear and start the novel. 

So.

Here. We. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment