Living in the imperfection.

Monday, May 14, 2012

In Time...Lessons from the Garden

Friday 
The garden has taught me many things.  Above all else, nurture and then wait.  Provide and then cease.  Give and then rest.  As a gardener that is your role.  You plant, water, feed, prune, and then wait.  Waiting is the hardest part for me.  If you pluck too soon, the fruit is not ripe enough.  If you wait too long the vegetable turns on you.  There is a balance that must be achieved.  Funny word, balance.  Something I cannot seem to find in my life.  I am always in a rush to get started but then my interest fades while I wait for my reward.  How sad.  How sad to miss out on the process of it all.  How I often miss the ripening because I want my fruit now.  This lesson applies in multiple areas of my life.  Today, however, I got the chance to relish in the outcome of my waiting.  Joy abounds this evening.

Monday
Much like our own lives, we reap and then we sow.  The former must come before the latter.  Like the Psalmist said, "Be still and know that I am God..."  In time, all will be revealed.  But shouldn't there be joy in the process of waiting.  I hope so.  I long for that joy in the midst of the now.

   So gardeners, cultivators of gardens and life alike, be still and know that what is coming will come.  You have done your part.  In time, you will see.






                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment