Living in the imperfection.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Moment #6: My New Obession

It is official...I am obsessed with the Trail Runner Nation podcast.  
I am new to the whole podcast phenomenon and have grown increasingly weary of my music as I run.
Looking for something new to help keep me motivated on my runs a couple of weeks ago I found TrailRunner Nation.  

Holy Crap.

I am in no way as hardcore as the people these folks talk with. 

 I want to be...However

 I enjoy an intact femur and have no desire to run anywhere near 50 miles let alone 100.  I don't want to run through a stress fracture in the middle of the woods in search of the closest aid station. 
But I admire the dedication it takes to accomplish something like this.  
And I figure if these folks can run a 3 mile look 99 times I can run a measly 8 miles even if I don't mentally feel like it.

I have trouble allocating my time effectively as it is.  I cannot imagine training for something requires such an allotment.  I like the idea of it though.  I like the structure.  I like the focus.  I like the sacrifice it requires to do so.  That does appeal to me.  The mental strength it takes to do something like this is a skill I need to develop.  

I enjoy setting a physical goal and then accomplishing it; this breaks down after a certain point because I do not know how to effectively cross-train and feed myself to continue the training.  That is part of the reason I love this podcast so much.  Yes they interview ultra-runners but the also talk with folks about safe training methodology, nutrition, mental focus, and the science of running.  

I'm a sucker for science.

So, if you are tired of your music and want some motivation check out 

You won't be sorry.




No comments:

Post a Comment