Living in the imperfection.

Thursday, March 28, 2013


My brain hurts...

I decided to try and encapsulate a few moments of my thought life.  Perhaps I have too much unused time on my hands.  Or, perhaps, I am trying to articulate my fog. 

In mere moments I went from trying to decide if one of my tomato plants is dying to revising a short story I wrote several years ago to contemplating deleting all of my social media accounts to living on a farm and being a farmer to wishing the weather would stay cool to wondering how I am going to stake my green bean plants to deciding, for the umpteenth time, that I am NOT going to take a nap today.

This took up about 2 minutes of my day today.  The thing is that this viscous 2 minute cycle occurs 30 times in any given hour.  I am reeling in my head most of my waking moments.

My brain is tired.

I sat down and tried to draw how I feel most of the time.  I am a terrible artist.  The above picture is not of my doing but it is the closest thing I could find to what came out of my hands and onto the page:

A big fat cloud of crazy swirling around outside of me.

I have so many ideas.  I have so many thoughts.  I long for simplicity and a unification of my thoughts and ideas.  I have to believe they all meet somewhere out there and that, hopefully, that meeting is where I find myself.  Not yet, however.




No comments:

Post a Comment