Living in the imperfection.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

A little of This and a smidge of That

Something has been happening in the past few days.  Can you feel it?  Perchance not so let me enlighten you.
There's been a subtle breeze outside.  I've seen several butterflies (one just flew past me now).  And I'm not dripping in sweat just buckling the loin fruit into his car seat.  That's right folks:  AUTUMN is on it's way.

I freaking love Fall.  I love the colors.  I love the feeling.  I love wearing long sleeved t-shirts and running shorts, cause that's how Fall is in Florida.  We don't wear pants until Winter and we don't wear socks until we go somewhere else for the Holidays.  During this season, green is so much greener and red is so much bolder.  Granted, we don't really have a change in seasons down south, but if I look real hard at the brush fires along the side of the highway it's kind of like the usual colors of Fall.  So I do that.  I go to pretend land and when I see something that's been burning I pretend that I am in Vermont.  I've never been to Vermont in the Fall but I have created what it must be like over and over in my mind on several occasions.

I want to go on a bus tour of New England in the Fall with all the old farts.  That would be amazing.

Also, the loin fruit turned 1 yesterday.  That's right folks.  No longer a baby.  I've got a full fledged toddler on my hands.  Why crawl when you can walk.  Better yet, why walk when you can kind of run...everywhere.  To the cabinet, to the fridge, to the dryer, to the cat box, to the fire truck he goes.  It is amazing how quickly he changes focus.  A little of this and a little of that is about all he takes the time for.  I love it though.  I love that he is engaged in so many things.  I love that he is curious.  I want to encourage that in him.  I want him to feel free to explore yet know that I've got his back.  I'm pretty sure that when he starts picking out his own clothes, I'm going to have that child that wears utterly mix-matched outfits and shoes.  I can dig it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment